Cancel Air Canada
How to change your flight
A.To change an Air Canada ticket, contact your original booking source:
If you booked directly through Air Canada or via Skyscanner, Google Flights, or Kayak, you can change your booking online via My bookings on AirCanada.com.
If you booked through a travel agent (online or otherwise), you must contact them directly.
If you booked through Aeroplan, Air Canada for Business, or Air Canada Vacations, contact them directly.
If you purchased your ticket directly from Air Canada can:
Either convert your ticket into an Air Canada Travel Voucher which is transferrable and has no expiry date)
Or opt for Aeroplan points and receive a 65% bonus
You can change your Air Canada flight booking up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
How to cancel your flight
- Go to Air Canada’s official website: AirCanada.com
- Click on the My bookings tab
- Enter the following information to retrieve your flight bookings:
- Your Booking Reference or Ticket Number
- Your Last Name
- Click on the Find button
- Select the flight you want to cancel
- Click on the Cancel Booking link
- Confirm and finalize your cancellation
You will receive a confirmation email at the email ID you provided to Air Canada when you booked your ticket plus a refund voucher for the balance funds after the fee for cancellation (if any) is deducted.
How to book in-cabin pet travel?
You’re welcome to bring your cat or small dog in the cabin with you provided it is small enough to stand, turn around and lie down in its carrier under the seat in front of you.
Just make sure to let us know in advance, as space is sometimes limited. See the ‘What else do I need to know’ section (at right) for details.
And a reminder that your pet cannot travel with you in the cabin if you:
- Are an unaccompanied minor
- Are seated in an exit or bulkhead row
- Require the use of a medical device that needs to be stowed underneath the seat
- Are travelling in our Premium Economy cabin, as the layout of Premium Economy seats does not allow for the safe stowage of a pet carrier.
- Are travelling in the Business Class cabin of our Boeing 737 MAX 8 (7M8) aircraft
How to apply for a refund with Air Canada?
Air Canada’s cancellation policy allows you to cancel your flight and get a full refund on the unused portion of your ticket if:
- Your flight is cancelled by Air Canada.
- You booked a flight ticket (except Basic) on/before July 5, 2022, for travel between March 1, 2020, and July 5, 2023. In such a scenario, the full value of your fare will be converted into an Air Canada Travel Voucher or Aeroplan points with a 65% bonus.
- You cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking.
- You’re holding a fully flexible ticket.
(Latitude, Premium Economy Flexible, Business Flexible)
- You were denied boarding a confirmed reservation.
- Your flight is delayed by at least 3 hours.
- Your flight is rescheduled and the new flight causes you to miss a connecting flight.
- Any special circumstances prevent you from catching your flight—such as the death of a passenger/immediate family member, serious illness, military orders, etc. (subject to documentary evidence and Air Canada agreeing to it).
In all other scenarios, you will be charged a fee, depending on your fare conditions.
How to redeem my Air Canada points?
It’s up to you! Redeeming your Air canada points is easy and can be done online via AirCanada.com, the Air Canada app, or the Aeroplan eStore. You just log in to the website and redeem your points for travel, merchandise, or even gift cards.
How to communicate with Air Canada?
By calling the Air Canada automated Flight Information System at 1-888-422-7533 (Canada or U.S.).