Cancel Japan Airlines
How to change your flight
You can make changes and rebook your ticket online through Manage Booking Rebook if your original flight ticket meets all the conditions below:
- Your ticket is an e-ticket.
- You purchased your ticket through the JAL website/mobile app.
- You paid for your ticket by credit card.
- Your ticket’s fare rules permit reservation changes.
- Your booking has not been upgraded.
- Your booking does not include a lap infant.
- You’re making the changes at least 72 hours before your first flight.
(After your travel commences, you can make changes up to 24 hours before your original flight).
- Your booking does not include a 9B flight number
- Your booking does not include paid seat services.
How to cancel your flight
- Open the official JAL website using your search engine.
- On the homepage, navigate the LOGIN section where you need to enter your login credentials.
- Also, if you do not have a JAL account, you can continue the cancelation process using the JAL phone number or by managing the booking online.
- Select the Flight section given on the airline’s page.
- You can find the “Manage Japan Airlines (JAL) reservations” option on the homepage; click on it.
- You have to provide the correct booking confirmation number followed by the passenger’s name; proceed further by clicking on the Continue button.
- Next up, click on the “Japan Airlines (JAL) cancel reservations” link to cancel a flight and receive a refund on your cancelation.
- Follow the further formalities by entering the required details.
- Once you follow all the instructions, you can see the reservation details from where you need to choose the reservation to cancel JAL flight.
- When you purchase a round trip with JAL, you would have to cancel the whole trip as Japan Airlines does not allow you to cancel one segment of the journey.
- However, if you purchased a one-way trip, there is no problem, and you can proceed with the cancelation in real-time.
- Once you cancel the reservation successfully, you can request a refund for your ticket from the same page.
- You receive an email on the registered email address confirming the reservation cancellation and refund status.
How to book in-cabin pet travel?
Advance arrangements are required when booking an in-cabin pet. You can include a pet in your reservation online or by calling United Reservations.
When you request an in-cabin booking for your pet, the Flight Search results you are viewing are based on the in-cabin pet policy. You will be notified if in-cabin pets are not allowed in all segments of your itinerary.
In-cabin travel for pets is booked on a space-available basis. Pets without reserved space will be accepted only if there is space available after pets with reserved space have been accommodated.
How to apply for a refund with Japan Airlines?
Now you can know how to get a refund on all the tickets. Below are the Japan Airlines JAL refund policy steps:
- Go to the official Japan Airlines JAL website https://www.jal.co.jp/en/.
- Make sure you are signed in to your Japan Airlines JAL account.
- Look for refund options.
- Japan Airlines JAL Refund option should be selected.
- Specify the information on your ticket.
- Please upload any Japan Airlines JAL flight supporting documents that you may have.
- Confirm by pressing the button.
How do I use my (E) Japan Airlines points?
e JAL Points can be used for full or partial payment when purchasing flight tickets and package tours on the JAL website. Miles can be redeemed in increments of 1,000 miles. You can redeem 1,000 miles for 1,000 points (JPY 1,000 equivalent) and 10,000 miles for 15,000 points (JPY 15,000 equivalent).
How to communicate with Japan Airlines?
- Toll Free Number of Japan Airline 1-800-JAL-FONE +1(800) 525 3663
- Outside the US/Canada(charges apply) +1-310-607-4160.
Does Japan Airlines have chat support?
Please use the chat auto-response service from the “Ask questions by chat” box in the lower right corner of this page, or select your location below and use the service from the applicable page. List of contact sites for each region. List of websites that provide information on our response to COVID-19.
Can I transfer my airline ticket to my spouse?
Transferring a ticket from one person to another person always costs a fee. You will have to pay a name change fee to the airlines if transferring your ticket to someone else. The transfer fee varies from airline to airline. A transferable flight ticket is always useful.